Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Apple Tablet vs Kindle - a New Tech War on the Horizon?


Well, today's the day!  Apple will apparently be announcing the tablet to the world. I have to admit that I've always been a Mac fan, and anytime this company releases something new - I usually find it fascinating: though the hype surrounding this event has been a bit much even for me.

I've dropped in a video featuring an interview with Mashable's Pete Cashmore (to the right) - where he discusses the potential of the Apple announcement being a potential re-making of the ebook market.

This would upset me a bit, as my wife broke down and finally bought me a Kindle for Christmas this year (something I'd been wanting since it first appeared) - so she's been concerned that about my reaction to this announcement. However, while I like  Apple products, I have to admit that the Kindle is addicting; and I like the idea of the eInk format as opposed to a backlit display (which would kill my already overstrained eyes even more).

Still - it'd be nice new toy; I just hope v2 doesn't take too long, as one thing I've realized over the many years I've been playing with these toys:  NEVER buy v1.0

;-)

S

No comments: