Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Let the Tablet Wars Begin!

Creative Ziio 7- and 10-inch Android tablets

Ok, let the market wars begin on the tablets!

First, the ill-named iPad (I understand the process behind it, but I still think the name sucks).

Now we have Creative Labs releasing the Ziio 7" and 10" in time for the Christmas holidays (at least in England, anyway).

Other companies are jumping on the bandwagon as well; including the 'aPad' - shown below, also with the Android OS - and clocking in at a very attractive price point of only $145.99 here.

aPad - only a mere $145.99!
While Apple is a hell of a marketing machine, and their style is impeccable, price is always going to be a consideration in today's marketplace. Face it, these are media appliances - with some computer functionality. As entertainment devices, they need to be affordable, and it appears that is where Apple's competition might be coming in.

I'm sure they're not to worried - and I'm happy to see more affordable, and less "locked-down" systems available to the consumer. I've had an iPhone 3G for two years now; but due to the fact that it's a lousy phone, and also inhibits you from doing your own battery replacement, I'm moving to a Samsung.

Anyway - I'm looking forward to a creative Christmas buying season...




No comments: